Museum InfoGroup Tours
Plan your unique, customized experience
The Detroit Institute of Arts offers more gallery space, more art and more fun, bringing one of the nation's best collections to life in new and exciting ways. Add any of these options to enhance your visit.
Book your group tour today!
Call 313-833-1292 or email email@example.com.
For groups of 15 or more visitors, please contact 313.833.1292. Group general admission for the permanent collection is $7 per person. Advance reservations are required.
View our special exhibition Watch Me Move: The Animation Show, on view October 6, 2013 to January 5, 2014.
Group Rates (15 or more people)
To be determined
School Group Visits
The DIA offers field trips, in-classroom discussions and teacher resources. Get assistance planning a visit or tour for student groups.
Guided Art Tours
Tour our galleries with a trained art guide to enhance your DIA experience. Guided gallery tours are $5 per person.
Listen to highly trained teaching volunteers describe the masterpieces in the DIA collection.
Enjoy your afternoon in the lovely CaféDIA or Kresge Court Coffee Stop. The CaféDIA has an extensive menu selection with an artful presentation.
Gift cards are redeemable in CaféDIA and the DIA Museum Shop. You choose the denomination to enhance your tour package.
Create a piece of art with your own hands in our studios. Educators are provided for adults and children to assist you in finding the artist within.
Detroit Film Theatre
Enjoy films or concerts in our newly renovated 1,100 seat theater.
Exclusive "Behind-the-Scenes Tour"
Discover the intricacies and inner workings of the museum. Take a behind-the-scenes tour and see the DIA from a new perspective.
Group Sales Guidelines
- Any change in group size or a cancellation must be made two weeks prior to the arranged date.
- Deposits and room fees are non-refundable charges.
- All food service packages require a final guaranteed guest count five business days prior to the day of the event. Client will be charged for the final guarantee or actual attendance, whichever is greater. Once a payment has been made, all sales are final and payments are not transferable.
- If you have any questions, contact Group Sales at (313) 833-1292 or by fax at (313) 833-1543.
- On the day of your visit only: if you need to call due to lateness, contact Visitor Services at 313-833-7900 if there is no answer at the Group Sales office.
- Group leader must check in at the Group Check-In Desk located at the John R entrance. Please bring your confirmation letter with you upon arrival.