- Invitations to festive gallery previews
- Invitations to scholarly symposia and colloquia
- Invitations to travel to exciting art destinations nationally and internationally on DIA tours
- Insider’s view of gallery installations and special exhibitions
- Advance notice of lectures
- Invitation to post-lecture receptions
Members’ contributions support:
- Several exciting public lectures each year
- Acquisitions of works of art
- Publications about DIA artworks
The Board of Directors, elected annually, is a dedicated group of members who govern the FAAC’s activities including allocating funds for acquisitions, events and programming, community outreach, and fund-raising events. The officers of the Board head committees that provide an opportunity for all members to become involved with planning FAAC activities.
|Membership Level||Annual Dues||Membership Level||Annual Dues|
All members are eligible to join the departmental curators on local trips to other institutions, collections and workshops. FAAC Membership Bylaws
Members at the Sustaining level and above receive an annual invitation to a special curatorial brunch and private tour of the department’s galleries or collections in storage.
In order to be eligible for membership in the Friends of Asian Arts and Cultures, you must be a member of The Detroit Institute of Arts. Join the DIA.
The Arts of Asia and the Islamic World (313) 833-1721
Volunteer Services Office (313) 833-0247