As a member, you will receive:
- Advance notice of FAAC lectures and special events
- An insider’s view of gallery installations and special exhibitions
- An invitation to:
- FAAC receptions for visiting scholars and artists
- Festive exhibition and gallery previews
- Scholarly colloquia
- National and international visits to galleries, museums and private collections
As a member, your contribution supports:
- Five annual public lectures on art and culture given by some of the most creative thinkers in our fields of interest
- The acquisition of works of art
- Special exhibitions and loans of works of art
- The acquisition of extraordinary books for the DIA research library
- Demonstrations and workshops
- Symposia and colloquia
- Family-oriented programming
The Board of Directors, elected annually, is a dedicated group of members who govern the FAAC’s activities including allocating funds for acquisitions, events and programming, community outreach, and fund-raising events. The officers of the Board head committees that provide an opportunity for all members to become involved with planning FAAC activities.
|Membership Level||Annual Dues||Membership Level||Annual Dues|
All members are eligible to join the departmental curators on local trips to other institutions, collections and workshops. FAAC Membership Bylaws
Friend, Sustaining, Contributing and Benefactors members shall receive a special, annual gift for their support of the FAAC, related to the Institute’s Collections. Sustaining, Contributing and Benefactor members are eligible for private tours of the DIA galleries with departmental curators. Benefactors are eligible to join departmental curators on occasional, international study trips. Other members are eligible to join with the payment of a special fee.
In order to be eligible for membership in the Friends of Asian Arts and Cultures, you must be a member of The Detroit Institute of Arts. Join the DIA.
The Arts of Asia and the Islamic World (313) 833-1721
Volunteer Services Office (313) 833-0247