Exhibitions & EventsCalendar Item
Hummingbirds and Orchids Martin Johnson Heade
Meet Me at the DIA
Saturday, August 17, 2013 |10:30 AM– 12:00 PM
People with early stage dementia (including Alzheimer’s) and their caregivers are invited to participate in gallery discussions about art led by DIA staff and volunteers with expertise in this area. Participants are made to feel welcome and comfortable and discussions are based on the observations and connections made by the group. The program provides opportunities for social engagement and intellectual stimulation in a safe, inspiring environment. All participants, including caregivers, are encouraged to contribute to the discussions. Meet Me at the DIA is modeled after a successful program at the Museum of Modern Art in New York.
Sessions meet by the elephant sculptures in the Walter Gibbs Learning Center.
Registration for these free events is preferred, but not required.
Sign up here or by contacting the DIA Box Office: 313.833.4005
Questions or further information contact Sue Troia: 313.833.7416
Today's Location: Native American & African S130.1, N100.2
- Saturday, April 20, 2013: 10:30 AM–12:00 PM
- Tuesday, May 28, 2013: 10:30 AM–12:00 PM
- Saturday, June 15, 2013: 10:30 AM–12:00 PM
- Saturday, July 20, 2013: 10:30 AM–12:00 PM
- Saturday, August 17, 2013: 10:30 AM–12:00 PM
- Saturday, September 21, 2013: 10:30 AM–12:00 PM
- Saturday, October 19, 2013: 10:30 AM–12:00 PM
- Saturday, November 16, 2013: 10:30 AM–12:00 PM
- Saturday, December 14, 2013: 10:30 AM–12:00 PM
Add to Calendar 4/20/2013 12/14/2013 America/New_York Meet Me at the DIA Detroit Institute of Arts DIA firstname.lastname@example.org false MM/DD/YYYY