1st Class Refrigeration Operator
Friday, April 26, 2013
Operate four 475 ton centrifugal chillers; monitor the temperature and humidity conditions in galleries and art storage. Perform required equipment maintenance on HVAC equipment and answer building service calls.
· Operate and maintain equipment efficiently, properly, and safely ensuring proper temperature and humidity are maintained.
· Visually check and monitor equipment.
· Maintain computers, controls, and take readings to evaluate/control temperature/humidity levels.
· Practice preventative maintenance and ensure that equipment is maintained/repaired.
· Respond to work orders and services calls via radio.
· Lift and move equipment weighing 10-25 pounds.
· 3-5 years experience operating large building systems.
· Ability to operate and maintain refrigeration, air conditioning, HVAC equipment as required.
· Familiar with steam and condense systems.
· Experience with local controls and building automation systems.
· Fluent with all aspect of preventative maintenance.
· Strong electrical/mechanical troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
· License required. ___________________________________________________________________________
If you are interested in applying for this position, please do so HERE by close of business day, May 24, 2013.
The Detroit Institute of Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer