Thursday, April 28, 2016
Environmental Services, Building Operations Department
This position performs general cleaning and janitorial work throughout assigned areas within the museum in accordance with established routines, procedures and quality standards.
This position reports to the Environmental Services Supervisor.
· High school diploma or G.E.D. required
· Minimum of one (1) year experience cleaning in a museum, office, hospital, hotel, or similar setting
· Meets standards established by museum’s general liability insurance provider
· Ability to read and comprehend signs, labels, job assignments and written instructions
· Ability to work effectively as part of a crew
· Demonstrates effective written and oral communication skills
· Demonstrates interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with all DIA personnel
· Demonstrates ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail while performing tasks
· Ability to demonstrate friendly, courteous, professional customer service behaviors and provide service recovery in an accommodating manner consistently, in accordance with the department’s safety and quality goals
Note: Successful candidate must be able to pass criminal background check and pre-employment physical and drug screen.
· Sweeps, dusts, wet mops floors.
· Operates various equipment used to clean floors and carpets: vacuum cleaners; floor scrubbers; floor buffers; Avenger auto scrubber; carpet shampooers and extractors; other misc. equipment
· Cleans restrooms and replenishes supplies
· Collects and disposes of waste, and recyclable products.
· Replenishes materials, equipment and supplies as needed
· Washes and/or spot clean walls, doors, fixtures, counters, furniture, etc.
· Cleans elevator tracks
· Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply HERE by close of business day, May 12, 2016.
THE DETROIT INSTITUTE OF ARTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Detroit Institute of Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Stay in the know
Receive ongoing updates about events, announcements, and more from the DIA.