Graphic Designer (temporary)
Wednesday, July 27, 2016
Communications & Marketing Department
Full-time, Exempt, Temporary through December 31, 2016
Salary, commensurate with experience
Under supervision but working with a high level of independence and responsibility for final product, to provide a broad range of design work in the Communications and Marketing Department.
Reports to the Executive Director, Marketing.
- Design and produce brochures, calendars, flyers, reports, online ads, email templates, and other printed and digital communications pieces.
- Produce print advertising in a range of sizes for a variety of publications.
- Consult with colleagues to achieve most effective visual treatment for each project.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA degree in graphic design.
- Minimum 2-4 years’ experience in graphic design.
- Proficiency with design-related programs, including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator.
- Excellent design & typography skills, ability to scan and manipulate artwork, and prepare files for press.
- Knowledge of basic and advanced principles of artistic design and display, visual communications, and specialized characteristics involved in the design of printed material.
- Understanding of pre-press and print production.
- Detail oriented, highly accurate, highly organized.
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently.
- Ability to handle multiple projects on schedule and within budget.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please do so HERE by close of business day, August 10, 2016.
The Detroit Institute of Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Stay in the know
Receive ongoing updates about events, announcements, and more from the DIA.