Visitor Services Representative (Temporary)
Wednesday, October 12, 2016
Visitor Services Representative
Visitor Services Department
Part-time, Non-Exempt, Temporary (Employment Agreement for duration of Bitter|Sweet: Coffee, Tea & Chocolate exhibition)
$9.01 per hour
This part-time position consistently creates an exceptional service experience for all internal/external customers; assist visitors with their service needs to enhance their visit at the DIA, and the surrounding areas of Midtown and Downtown Detroit.
This position reports to the Visitor Services Supervisor.
- Knowledgeable of Museum / Art information
- Hours of operation, lecture / DFT movie schedules, event bookings, etc.
- Provide general area information assistance.
- Performs tasks associated with supporting the museum experience.
- Contributes actively to a warm and friendly atmosphere by greeting visitors and provides general information and direction throughout their visit.
- Provides complimentary guest services (i.e. wheelchairs, coat check, iPAD’s etc.)
- Stocks museum maps, brochures and other literature in the museum lobbies and in various galleries and literature kiosks
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Visitor Services Supervisor
- High school diploma or G.E.D. required.
- Excellent customer service skills based on recent customer service experience.
- Knowledgeable of the Midtown / Downtown Detroit area.
- Ability to demonstrate friendly, courteous, professional customer service behaviors and provide service recovery in an accommodating manner.
- Successful candidate will be proactive with an outgoing personality.
- Capacity to successfully handle multiple and competing tasks.
- Possess a “can-do” attitude, display calmness in the face of changing priorities while demonstrating the flexibility and willingness to provide a positive experience for each museum visitor.
- Experience working in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent time management and problem solving skills.
- Capacity to use tact, discretion and sound judgment while providing exceptional customer service.
- Expected to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong technology skills (MS software applications, Internet navigation, iPAD etc.)
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and some evenings and/or late nights.
- Demonstrates effective written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with all DIA personnel and visitors.
- Based on assignment, position may require a great deal of walking and/or standing for at least 4 hours, the ability to lift 30 pounds, and to reach overhead during the shift.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please do so HERE by close of business day, October 26, 2016.
THE DETROIT INSTITUTE OF ARTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Detroit Institute of Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Stay in the know
Receive ongoing updates about events, announcements, and more from the DIA.