Get InvolvedIn Your Community
Be a Part of the Art!
2014 Community Outreach Report
See how the DIA has reached your community.
The DIA creates experiences both inside the museum, and out, that help people make personal connections with art. If you'd like to learn more about being a part of the art, you can reach us by email at PartoftheArt@dia.org or by phone at 313.833.2356.
DIA Away is a mobile interactive experience that extends the creative experience beyond the walls of the museum to our neighbors in Southeast Michigan. We visit schools and community fairs and festivals, and senior center to inspire creative thinking and problem solving. To request DIA Away, please click here. For more information, please contact email@example.com
Inside|Out brings reproductions of great treasures from the DIA to our community. Discover them all around town or come visit your works of art in their natural habitat!
Adult Community Engagement Talks and Adult Art Talks
- To learn more about the DIA and our Outreach programs, schedule a community engagement talk for your group by calling 313.833.2356
- To listen to a trained volunteer speak about art topics, including The Detroit Industry Murals by Diego Rivera or special exhibitions, schedule a speaker bureau talk
- To hear from the experts, schedule a curator talk on a variety of subject areas or exhibitions
- In-classroom art talks, led by teaching volunteers, for either single or multiple classroom visits
- In-museum school field trips
- Visit our Teachers section to learn more about our school outreach programs
Other great stuff going on in your community:
Saturday, October 10, 2015 – Sunday, October 11, 2015
12:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Saturday, December 05, 2015
8:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Support the DIA
Your membership and donations are critical to the museum’s success.
Be a Volunteer
You can support our staff and help provide our visitors with a memorable experience. See available volunteer opportunities
Stay in the know
Receive ongoing updates about events, announcements, and more from the DIA.