Professional Development Offerings
In addition to public educator workshops at the museum throughout the year, the DIA also offers professional development workshop opportunities for groups of educators.
Private workshops are available for K-12 teachers of all subjects, curriculum specialists, school administrators, or groups of homeschool educators. Michigan State Continuing Education Clock Hour (SCECH) credits are provided by Marygrove College and are available for educator workshops of three or more hours.
Please call Jenny Angell at 313-833-4958 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to see if we can meet your professional development workshop needs.
- At least 4 weeks' advance notice is required to schedule a workshop.
- The base per-participant fee for workshops is $10 per hour, but we often offer reduced fees based on your budget.
- Please include:
- The name of the workshop offering you are interested in
- The size of your group (minimum 10 people)
- Subject(s)/grade level(s) taught, and
- At least two (2) options for dates and times to schedule the workshop.
- Please also indicate if any participants will be taking the workshop for SCECH credits.
Note that the DIA is closed on Mondays - a full listing of museum hours can be found here. Certain workshops can also be held at locations outside the museum on a limited basis.
- > Please enter your first name.
- > Please enter your last name.
- > Please enter your email address.
- > Please enter your phone number.
- > Please select your preferred method of contact.
- > Please enter your school's name.
- > Please enter your school's address.
- > Please enter your school's city.
- > Please select your school's state / province.
- > Please enter your school's zip / postal code.
- > Please enter your school's type.
- > Please enter your school's county.
- > Please enter the number of visitors in your group.
- > Please enter the grade level(s) taught.
- > Please enter the subject area(s) taught.
- > Please enter the workshop topic requested.
- > Please enter your preferred visit date.
- > Please enter an alternate visit date.
- > Please enter your preferred visit time.
- > Please enter a matching captcha key.
Friday, September 04, 2015
6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
September 1 - September 28, 2015
Stay in the know
Receive ongoing updates about events, announcements, and more from the DIA.