Self Guided Visits
Want to schedule a visit?
Self-guided visits provide the opportunity for educators to engage directly with their students in a museum setting. This type of visit allows educators to prepare and lead customized experiences for their students. The DIA offers planning materials including gallery guides, maps and visiting guidelines that can be used to prepare for your self-guided visit.
- Please note all school visits require five weeks notice to schedule.
- If you would like to bring your students to see our 30 Americans exhibition please indicate that in the "special needs" section below. Please note: this special exhibition is free to all schools in Wayne, Oakland and Macomb counties with a reservation.
- Visits can be scheduled to begin as soon as the museum opens (view museum hours).
- PLEASE NOTE: WE CAN NO LONGER ACCEPT GROUPS LARGER THAN 120 (INCLUDING CHAPERONES) FOR LUNCH. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BRING A LARGER GROUP YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE DINING PLANS ELSEWHERE.
Set up a DIA Visit
Please complete the form below to request a self-guided visit. You will generally receive a tour confirmation within 10 business days of receipt of your application. If you have questions or would like assistance with your application, please call 313.833.7981. Please let us know the best time to reach you; due to very high call volume, please be patient for a call back.
- > Please select a program type option.
- > Please enter your arrival time
- > Please enter your departure time
- > Please enter the number of chaperones attending
- > Please enter the number of students in your group
- > Please enter the grade level
- > Please enter your preferred visit date
- > Please enter your preferred visit month
- > Please enter an alternate visit date
- > Please enter your preferred visit time
- > Please enter an alternate visit time
- > Please select a lunch area.
- > Please enter your name.
- > Please enter your email address.
- > Please enter your phone number.
- > Please select your preferred method of contact.
- > Please enter your school's name.
- > Please enter your school's address.
- > Please enter your school's city.
- > Please select your school's state.
- > Please enter your school's zip / postal code.
- > Please enter your school's district.
- > Please enter your school's phone.
- > Please enter your school's county.
- > Please read and agree to the statements.
- > Please enter a matching captcha key.
Friday, December 04, 2015
6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Sunday, December 6, 2015
2 p.m. - 3 p.m.
Stay in the know
Receive ongoing updates about events, announcements, and more from the DIA.