Learn at the DIAFor Teachers
Self Guided Visits
Want to schedule a visit?
Self-guided visits provide the opportunity for educators to engage directly with their students in a museum setting. This type of visit allows educators to prepare and lead customized experiences for their students. The DIA offers planning materials including gallery guides, maps and visiting guidelines that can be used to prepare for your self-guided visit.
- Please note all school visits require five weeks notice to schedule.
- NOTE: Self-Guided visits are no longer available for the 2013 school year because bookings are at capacity. We can only accept applications on a standby basis for potential cancellations. Or applications for the upcoming 2013-2014 school year.
- Visits can be scheduled to begin as soon as the museum opens (view museum hours).
Set up a DIA Visit
Please complete the form below to request a self-guided visit. You will generally receive a tour confirmation within 10 business days of receipt of your application. If you have questions or would like assistance with your application, please call 313.833.7981. Please let us know the best time to reach you; due to very high call volume, please be patient for a call back.
- > Please select a program type option.
- > Please enter your arrival time
- > Please enter your departure time
- > Please enter the number of chaperones attending
- > Please enter the number of students in your group
- > Please enter the grade level
- > Please enter your preferred visit date
- > Please enter your preferred visit month
- > Please enter an alternate visit date
- > Please enter your preferred visit time
- > Please enter an alternate visit time
- > Please select a lunch area.
- > Please enter your name.
- > Please enter your email address.
- > Please enter your phone number.
- > Please select your preferred method of contact.
- > Please enter your school's name.
- > Please enter your school's address.
- > Please enter your school's city.
- > Please select your school's state.
- > Please enter your school's zip / postal code.
- > Please enter your school's district.
- > Please enter your school's phone.
- > Please enter your school's county.
- > Please enter a matching captcha key.
Friday, May 24, 2013
6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Sunday, May 26, 2013
Stay in the know
Receive ongoing updates about events, announcements, and more from the DIA.