Self Guided Visits
Want to schedule a visit?
Self-guided visits provide the opportunity for educators to engage directly with their students in a museum setting. This type of visit allows educators to prepare and lead customized experiences for their students. The DIA offers planning materials including gallery guides, maps and visiting guidelines that can be used to prepare for your self-guided visit.
The DIA is no longer accepting applications for general museum field trips in this school year.
We are still accepting applications for summer school or summer camp field trips, and Samurai: Beyond the Sword.
- If you and your group are interested in visiting our ticketed Samurai: Beyond the Sword Exhibition for $8 per person, please indicate your interest in the "Special Needs" section of the application.
- Please note all school visits require five weeks notice to schedule.
- Visits can be scheduled to begin as soon as the museum opens (view museum hours).
Set up a DIA Visit
Please complete the form below to request a self-guided visit. You will generally receive a tour confirmation within 10 business days of receipt of your application. If you have questions or would like assistance with your application, please call 313.833.7981. Please let us know the best time to reach you; due to very high call volume, please be patient for a call back.
- > Please select a program type option.
- > Please enter your arrival time
- > Please enter your departure time
- > Please enter the number of chaperones attending
- > Please enter the number of students in your group
- > Please enter the grade level
- > Please enter your preferred visit date
- > Please enter your preferred visit month
- > Please enter an alternate visit date
- > Please enter your preferred visit time
- > Please enter an alternate visit time
- > Please select a lunch area.
- > Please enter your name.
- > Please enter your email address.
- > Please enter your phone number.
- > Please select your preferred method of contact.
- > Please enter your school's name.
- > Please enter your school's address.
- > Please enter your school's city.
- > Please select your school's state.
- > Please enter your school's zip / postal code.
- > Please enter your school's district.
- > Please enter your school's phone.
- > Please enter your school's county.
- > Please read and agree to the statements.
- > Please enter a matching captcha key.
Friday, August 01, 2014
11:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Saturday August 2 and Sunday August 3
Stay in the know
Receive ongoing updates about events, announcements, and more from the DIA.