Learn at the DIAFor Adults
Schedule a Talk
Browse our full list below of current talk offerings, and to schedule a speaker, simply complete the request form below. You can also contact Cynthia Blackburn at 313.833.1510 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- DIA: The Essentials
Explore select DIA artworks to gain an appreciation of the diversity, quality, and world-class status of the museum's collection.
- Your DIA: (R)evolution
Exploring the history of the DIA heightens awareness of the individuals who founded the museum, built its collection, and supported the institution for over 128 years and provides the basis for understanding why the DIA is considered one of the most renowned and innovative art museums in the world.
- Picturing Music
Exploring the presence of music in visual art heightens awareness of the role music plays across cultures and time and provides a lens through which to explore the personal, social, and creative aspects of identity.
- Through Her Eyes: Women Artist's in the DIAs Collection
Viewing the work of women artists in the DIA collection heightens awareness of the creative contributions of women across cultures and time and provides a lens through which to explore issues of gender, relationships between generations, politics, and culture.
- Let Me Tell You a Story
Making meaning of the world around us is a basic behavior and most cultures throughout time have used art to each essential beliefs and understandings. Explore the many ways visual artists use stories as the source of inspiration for their work.
- Diego Rivera and the Detroit Industry Murals
Now a National Landmark, learn the complex and intriguing story behind the man and the murals.
- > Please enter your group / organization name.
- > Please enter the name of the contact person.
- > Please enter your group / organization address.
- > Please enter your group / organization city.
- > Please select your group / organization state.
- > Please enter your group / organization zip / postal code.
- > Please enter your email address.
- > Please enter your phone number.
- > Please enter your event's location.
- > Please enter your event's address.
- > Please enter a requested date for your event.
- > Please enter a requested time for your event.
- > Please enter your topic choice.
- > Please enter a matching captcha key.
Tuesday, July 29, 2014
11:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Saturday August 2 and Sunday August 3
Stay in the know
Receive ongoing updates about events, announcements, and more from the DIA.