Art at the DIASearch the Collection
Rollover image to zoom
Photo ©2013, Detroit Institute of Arts
Vincent Willem van Gogh(Dutch, 1853-1890)
- Oil on paper lined onto canvas
- 25 5/8 x 19 3/4 in. (65.1 x 50.2 cm) Framed: 35 5/8 x 29 3/4 x 2 1/2 in. (90.5 x 75.6 x 6.4 cm)
- European Painting
- Bequest of Robert H. Tannahill
- Accession No.
- Amsterdam, Collection Johanna van Gogh-Bonger; Paris, Galerie Bernheim-Jeune, (dealer-bought from J. van Gogh Bonger in April, 1907); Frankfurt-am-Main, Frankfurter Kunstverein(1907); Frankfurt-am-Main, Collection Hugo Nathan (by 1912, and still in the possession of Mrs. Hugo Nathan in 1938); New York, J. K. Thannhauser Gallery (dealer); New York, Wildenstein & Co. (dealer, 1941); Grosse Pointe Farms, Collection Robert H. Tannahill (1941-69), by whom bequeathed to the DIA in 1970.
- canvas, oil, paint, paper, genre
Search Art at the DIA
See favorite works from DIA staff members.
Support the DIA
Your membership and donations are critical to the museum’s success.
Stay in the know
Receive ongoing updates about events, announcements, and more from the DIA.