Art at the DIASearch the Collection
Rollover image to zoom
Photo ©2013, Detroit Institute of Arts
- c. 1863
- Appliqued and embroidered cloth
- 40 x 72 in. 101.6 x 182.9 cm with fringe: 45 x 73 1/2 in. 114.3 x 186.7 cm
- Africa, Oceania & Indigenous Americas
- Founders Society Purchase, Acquisitions Fund
- Accession No.
- Formerly in the collection of: Dr. George Preston; Asafohene Kofi Mensah; the family of Asafohen Obuokwan ("Pathfinder") Sam; Princes Atta-Panyin and Atta-Kakra (alias Charlie and Edward Erskine), twin sons of the late King Arku or Arkrah
- applique, appliqued, cloth, embroidered, embroidery, textile, flag
Search Art at the DIA
See favorite works from DIA staff members.
Support the DIA
Your membership and donations are critical to the museum’s success.
Stay in the know
Receive ongoing updates about events, announcements, and more from the DIA.