Art at the DIASearch the Collection
Rollover image to zoom
Photo ©2015, Detroit Institute of Arts
Dancers in Repose
Edgar Degas(French, 1834-1917)
- c. 1898
- Pastel and charcoal on thin wove paper fully attached to a thin supporting sheet
- Sight: 22 1/2 x 16 7/8 in in. (57.1 x 42.8 cm) Mount: 26 1/2 x 20 3/4 in. (66.7 x 52.8 cm) Frame: 34 x 27 3/4 x 2 in. (86.4 x 70.5 x 5.1 cm)
- Prints, Drawings & Photographs
- Gift of Edward E. Rothman
- Accession No.
- Edgar Degas (Sale, Galerie Georges Petit, Paris, May 1918, no. 285); Reindyk Collection; Durand-Ruel, Paris; Albert Kahn, Detroit; Ruth Kahn Rothman, Bloomfield Hills, MI.
- paper, pastel
Search Art at the DIA
See favorite works from DIA staff members.
Support the DIA
Your membership and donations are critical to the museum’s success.
Stay in the know
Receive ongoing updates about events, announcements, and more from the DIA.