Art at the DIASearch the Collection
Rollover image to zoom
Photo ©2017, Detroit Institute of Arts
Jean-Henri Riesener(French, 1734-1806)
- Mahogany with parquetry inlay and ormolu fittings
- 35 1/4 x 57 x 23 1/2 (89.5 x 144.8 x 59.7) Overall: 36 5/8 x 57 x 23 7/8 in. (93.0 x 144.8 x 60.6 cm)
- European Sculpture and Dec Arts
- Bequest of Mrs. Horace E. Dodge in memory of her husband
- Accession No.
- Madame Elisabeth de France, ChÃ¢teau de Fontainebleau, 1783-86; Louis XVI, ChÃ¢teau de Fontainebleau, 1786-92; Garde-Meuble National, Paris, from 1792; Edward Arnold, The Grove, Dorking, Surrey; his sale, Christie's, June 8, 1920, lot 90 (the contents of the collection are identified in the catalogue as having been bought chiefly from the London dealers Samson Wertheimer and William Boore); Duveen Brothers (dealer), New York; acquired from Duveen in 1932 by Anna Thomson Dodge, Grosse Pointe, MI
- bronze, inlaid, inlay, mahogany, marble, metal, ormolu, parquetry, gilded, gilt, storage, stone, wood, chest, commode
Search Art at the DIA
See favorite works from DIA staff members.
Support the DIA
Your membership and donations are critical to the museum’s success.
Stay in the know
Receive ongoing updates about events, announcements, and more from the DIA.