Art at the DIASearch the Collection
Rollover image to zoom
Photo ©2015, Detroit Institute of Arts
- c. 1870
- Wool, commercial and homespun yarns
- 76 x 52 1/2 in. 193.0 x 133.4 cm
- Africa, Oceania & Indigenous Americas
- Gift of the Descendents of Helen Weeks Winchester and Captain Harrison Samual Weeks
- Accession No.
- Collected by Harrison Samual Weeks, Captain, U.S. Army, in 1876 while stationed at Fort Union, New Mexico. Bequeathed to his daughter, Helen Weeks Winchester Bequeathed to her children, although in the possession of Henry T. Winchester, Jr., of Allegan, Michigan
- cloth, textile, wool, blanket, clothing
Search Art at the DIA
See favorite works from DIA staff members.
Support the DIA
Your membership and donations are critical to the museum’s success.
Stay in the know
Receive ongoing updates about events, announcements, and more from the DIA.