Art at the DIASearch the Collection
Rollover image to zoom
Photo ©2017, Detroit Institute of Arts
Virgin and Child with Angels
Benozzo Gozzoli(Italian, c. 1420/1422-1497)
- c. 1460
- Gold leaf and tempera on wood panel
- Framed: 41 x 32 1/4 x 4 5/8 in. ( 104.1 x 81.9 x 11.8 cm) 25 3/4 x 19 7/8 in. (65.4 x 50.5 cm)
- European Painting
- Bequest of Eleanor Clay Ford
- Accession No.
- Vienna, Collection Baron von Tucher, by 1908 and retained until 1930; New York, Duveen Brothers (dealers-by 1932); Detroit, Collection Mr. and Mrs. Edsel Ford, 1932, and bequeathed by Eleanor Clay Ford [Mrs. Edsel Ford] to The Detroit Institute of Arts in 1977.
- metal, panel, gold, gold leaf, religion, wood, christian
Search Art at the DIA
See favorite works from DIA staff members.
Support the DIA
Your membership and donations are critical to the museum’s success.
Stay in the know
Receive ongoing updates about events, announcements, and more from the DIA.