Art at the DIASearch the Collection
Rollover image to zoom
Photo ©2017, Detroit Institute of Arts
Saint Wenceslas of Bohemia
- c. 1510/1525
- Pot metal, white glass, vitreous paint, silver stain
- 74 x 23 1/2 x 2 3/4 in. 188.0 x 59.7 x 7 cm
- European Sculpture and Dec Arts
- Stained Glass
- Gift of K. T. Keller
- Accession No.
- Colonel Shaw, Stoke Poges Manor, Buckinghamshire; Saint Giles Church, Stoke Poges; French & Co. (dealer), New York; William Randolph Hearst; The William Randolph Hearst Foundation; acquired for the DIA with funds by K.T. Keller Stoke Poges Manor, Buckinghamshire, to 1799; Saint Giles Church, Stoke Poges; Col. Shaw, Stoke Poges Manor; His sale, "Early Stained Glass, Fine Antique Rugs and Carpets, Woodwork and Carvings, and Valuable Old English and French Furniture, etc.," Sotheby & Co., London, 16 May 1929, lot 49c; Lionel Harris (dealer), Spanish Art Gallery, London; French & Co. (dealer), NY, 1929; William Randolph Hearst; The Hearst Foundation; acquired for the DIA with funds by K.T. Keller
- glass, religion, stained glass, christian
Search Art at the DIA
See favorite works from DIA staff members.
Support the DIA
Your membership and donations are critical to the museum’s success.
Stay in the know
Receive ongoing updates about events, announcements, and more from the DIA.