Art at the DIASearch the Collection
Rollover image to zoom
Photo ©2015, Detroit Institute of Arts
CHESTNUT BOWL AND STAND
(French, active 1756 - present)
- Soft-paste porcelain with enamel decoration and gilding
- Overall: 4 3/4 x 6 3/8 x 5 in. (12.1 x 16.2 x 12.7 cm)
- European Sculpture and Dec Arts
- Museum Purchase, J. de Grimme Memorial Endowment Fund and Bernard J. Reilly Fund
- Accession No.
- Baron Gustave de Rothschild (1829-1911), Paris, France. By descent in the Rothschild family until it was confiscated during the 1940s by the Nazis; it was later restored to the family. By descent to Madame Benvenutti (née Rothschild), Paris.
Search Art at the DIA
See favorite works from DIA staff members.
Support the DIA
Your membership and donations are critical to the museum’s success.
Stay in the know
Receive ongoing updates about events, announcements, and more from the DIA.