Art at the DIASearch the Collection
Rollover image to zoom
Photo ©2015, Detroit Institute of Arts
Scheme for the Decoration of the Ceiling of the Sistine Chapel
- c. 1508
- Pen and brown ink and black chalk on cream laid paper
- Sheet: 14 11/16 x 9 7/8 in. (37.3 x 25 cm)
- Prints, Drawings & Photographs
- City of Detroit Purchase
- Accession No.
- Emile Wauters, Brussels and Paris (black collector's mark on recto in lower right corner and on verso in lower left corner [L.911 and 912 and Suppl. 911]). Sale, Frederick Muller and Co., Amsterdam, June 15 - 16, 1926, no. 118, p. 24, 1927
- bistre, chalk, paper, pen, study, design
Search Art at the DIA
See favorite works from DIA staff members.
Support the DIA
Your membership and donations are critical to the museum’s success.
Stay in the know
Receive ongoing updates about events, announcements, and more from the DIA.