Art at the DIASearch the Collection
Rollover image to zoom
Photo ©2014, Detroit Institute of Arts
Triton with a Shell
Giovanni Lorenzo Bernini(Italian, 1598-1680)
- c. 1630 - before 1642
- 12 1/8 x 8 3/8 x 7 1/8 in. ( 30.8 x 21.3 x 18.1 cm)
- European Sculpture and Dec Arts
- Founders Society Purchase, Ralph Harman Booth Bequest Fund
- Accession No.
- Palazzo Barberini (?), Rome; Collection Friedrich von Amerling, Vienna; Dorotheum, "Estate of Friedrich von Amerling" 6 May 1916," Vienna; Collection of Dr. Rudolph Berl, Vienna; Wildenstein (dealer), New York.
- clay, earthenware, statuette, study, terrracotta, allegory
Search Art at the DIA
See favorite works from DIA staff members.
Support the DIA
Your membership and donations are critical to the museum’s success.
Stay in the know
Receive ongoing updates about events, announcements, and more from the DIA.