Art at the DIASearch the Collection
Rollover image to zoom
Photo ©2014, Detroit Institute of Arts
- 4th Century BC
- Silver, hammered from sheet, repoussé with chased and engraved decoration.
- height x width: 9 1/2 x 7 1/8 in. 24.0 x 18.0 cm
- Greco-Roman and Ancient European
- Arms and Armor
- Founders Society Purchase, Sarah Bacon Hill Fund
- Accession No.
- Formerly in the collection of: Franz Tau, Vienna (sold Galerie Fischer, Lucerne, Nov 1954, no 30); Elie Borowski, Toronto
- metal, repousse, silver, helmet, animalia, armor
Search Art at the DIA
See favorite works from DIA staff members.
Support the DIA
Your membership and donations are critical to the museum’s success.
Stay in the know
Receive ongoing updates about events, announcements, and more from the DIA.