Art at the DIASearch the Collection
Rollover image to zoom
Clyfford Still Date: 1951-T, No. 2 PH-813 Size: 93 1/2 x 82 in. Oil on Canvas Â© The Clyfford Still Estate Photo by: (add photographer's name)
UNTITLED 1951-T, NO. 2
Clyfford Still(American, 1904 - 1980)
- Oil on canvas
- 93 1/2 x 82 x 1 1/2 in. ( 237 49 x 208.28 x 3.81 cm)
- Contemporary Art after 1950
- Founders Society Purchase, W. Hawkins Ferry Fund
- Accession No.
- Formerly in the collection of: The artist; Alfonso Ossorio, East Hampton, NY; Leo Castelli, New York, NY; Mr. and Mrs. Robert C. Scull, Great Neck, NY, 1961-1965; Sale, Sotheby's New York, 13 October 1965; sold for $29,000 to J.L. Hudson Gallery, Detroit, MI; purchased for $31,900 on October 20th, 1965 for the DIA from J.L. Hudson Gallery with funds from W. Hawkins Ferry.
- canvas, oil, paint, abstraction
Search Art at the DIA
See favorite works from DIA staff members.
Support the DIA
Your membership and donations are critical to the museum’s success.
Stay in the know
Receive ongoing updates about events, announcements, and more from the DIA.