Art at the DIASearch the Collection
Rollover image to zoom
Photo ©2013, Detroit Institute of Arts
Edgar Degas(French, 1834-1917)
- c. 1897
- Pastel with charcoal on heavy wove paper
- Sheet: 25 3/4 x 20 in. (65.4 x 50.8 cm) Frame: 35 1/2 x 30 x 2 3/4 in. (90.2 x 76.2 x 7 cm)
- Prints, Drawings & Photographs
- City of Detroit Purchase
- Accession No.
- Edgar Degas (Sale, Galerie Georges Petit, Paris, May 1918, no. 306); Jacques Seligmann, Paris (Sale, American Association, New York, January 1921, no. 18).
- paper, pastel, interior, genre
Search Art at the DIA
See favorite works from DIA staff members.
Support the DIA
Your membership and donations are critical to the museum’s success.
Stay in the know
Receive ongoing updates about events, announcements, and more from the DIA.