Art at the DIASearch the Collection
Rollover image to zoom
Photo ©2017, Detroit Institute of Arts
Bacchus and a Young Satyr
- c. 1640
- 19 3/4 x 9 x 8 in. 50.2 x 22.9 x 20.3 cm base: 2 1/2 x 8 1/8 x 6 1/8 in. 6.4 x 20.6 x 15.6 cm
- European Sculpture and Dec Arts
- Founders Society Purchase, New Endowment Fund
- Accession No.
- D'Este, Mantua (possibly); Andre Le Notre, France; Louis XIV, by 1707; Louis XV; Louis XVI, until 1796; Citizen Jourdan (verrier a Muntzhal); Jourdan sale, March 4, 1803; M. Cailard of Cailar; Cailard sale, May 2, 1809; Unknown collections; M. Robert Piquet, early twentieth century; Jansen, Maison de decoration, 1932; Christian Berard; Jean Michel Frank; Paris art market; Purchased from Alain Moatti, Paris, in 1982.
- bronze, cast, metal, statuette, mythology
Search Art at the DIA
See favorite works from DIA staff members.
Support the DIA
Your membership and donations are critical to the museum’s success.
Stay in the know
Receive ongoing updates about events, announcements, and more from the DIA.