Art at the DIASearch the Collection
Rollover image to zoom
Photo ©2013, Detroit Institute of Arts
The Bird of Washington or Great American Sea Eagle
John James Audubon(American, 1785-1851)
- Engraving, etching, and aquatint printed in black ink, colored by hand on wove paper
- Image: 35 1/2 x 21 1/2 in. (90.1 x 54.6 cm) Sheet (trimmed inside platemark): 37 5/8 x 24 3/4 in. (64.1 x 96.8 cm) Frame: 45 3/4 x 33 x 1 1/2 in. (116.2 x 83.8 x 3.8 cm)
- Prints, Drawings & Photographs
- Founders Society Purchase with funds from Mr. and Mrs. Edgar B. Whitcomb
- Accession No.
- intaglio, paper, engraving, animalia
Search Art at the DIA
See favorite works from DIA staff members.
Support the DIA
Your membership and donations are critical to the museum’s success.
Stay in the know
Receive ongoing updates about events, announcements, and more from the DIA.