Art at the DIASearch the Collection
Rollover image to zoom
Photo ©2013, Detroit Institute of Arts
Portrait of an Unknown Noblewoman
Francois Quesnel(French, 1543-1619)
- c. 1585/1600
- Black and red chalk with pink and gray washes and touches of white chalk on cream antique laid paper
- Sheet: 11 11/16 x 8 3/4 in. (29.7 x 22.3 cm) Frame: 20 3/4 x 17 1/2 x 1 3/8 in. (52.7 x 44.5 x 3.5 cm)
- Prints, Drawings & Photographs
- Founders Society Purchase, Elizabeth P. Kirby Fund
- Accession No.
- Wickert collection, Paris, 1909. Marius Pauline, Paris. George Dormeuil, Paris (black collector's mark on recto in lower right corner [L. Suppl. 1146a]), but not in Dormeuil sale, Paris, June 17, 1949. H. M. Calmann, London, 1953
Search Art at the DIA
See favorite works from DIA staff members.
Support the DIA
Your membership and donations are critical to the museum’s success.
Stay in the know
Receive ongoing updates about events, announcements, and more from the DIA.