Art at the DIASearch the Collection
Rollover image to zoom
Photo ©2013, Detroit Institute of Arts
Attic Panathenaic Amphora
- 375/370 BC
- Vessel: 28 x 15 1/4 in. diam. ( 71.1 x 38.7 cm) Total with lid: 33 3/4 x 15 1/4 in. diam. ( 85.7 X 38.7 cm)
- Greco-Roman and Ancient European
- Founders Society Purchase, General Membership Fund
- Accession No.
- As found at Cyrene; Boston & Rome, collection Richard Norton (loaned to the Museum of Fine Arts Boston, 1909--Loan #MFA 368.09 Norton); New York, Charles L. Morley (dealer) from whom purchased by the DIA in 1950.
- black-figure, clay, incised, slip, earthenware, vessel, mythology, amphora
Search Art at the DIA
See favorite works from DIA staff members.
Support the DIA
Your membership and donations are critical to the museum’s success.
Stay in the know
Receive ongoing updates about events, announcements, and more from the DIA.