Art at the DIASearch the Collection
Rollover image to zoom
Photo ©2017, Detroit Institute of Arts
NOH THEATER ROBE, KARAORI TYPE
Anonymous(Japanese, *See remarks in constituent record*)
- 18th Century
- Metallic and silk brocade, silk
- 59 3/4 x 53 5/8 in. 151.8 x 136.0 cm Back skirt width: 27 1/8 in (68.9cm)
- Asian Art
- Founders Society Purchase, Henry Ford II Fund
- Accession No.
- Komparu Ryu No Masters, Nara Japan
- brocade, brocaded, cloth, metallic thread, silk, theater, robe, twill weave, no robe, clothing, floral
Search Art at the DIA
See favorite works from DIA staff members.
Support the DIA
Your membership and donations are critical to the museum’s success.
Stay in the know
Receive ongoing updates about events, announcements, and more from the DIA.