Art at the DIASearch the Collection
Rollover image to zoom
Photo ©2017, Detroit Institute of Arts
- Wood with screws, nails, blades, cowrie shell and other materials
- Sight: 46 x 18 1/2 x 14 1/4 in. (116.8 x 47 x 36.2 cm.)
- Africa, Oceania & Indigenous Americas
- Founders Society Purchase, Eleanor Clay Ford Fund for African Art
- Accession No.
- Formerly in the Collection of: Museum fur Volkerkunde, Leipzig.
- carved, clay, inlaid, inlay, iron, metal, shell, cowrie shell, earthenware, statue, whiteware, wood, fetish
Search Art at the DIA
See favorite works from DIA staff members.
Support the DIA
Your membership and donations are critical to the museum’s success.
Stay in the know
Receive ongoing updates about events, announcements, and more from the DIA.