Building Attendant – Full-Time
Under general supervision, the Building Attendant performs general cleaning and janitorial work such as clean and disinfect restrooms, cleaning floors, shampooing rugs, cleaning glass and removing rubbish. Performs related work as required.
- Sweeps, vacuum, dusts, wet mops floors
- Operates various equipment used to clean floors and carpets: vacuum cleaners; floor scrubbers; floor buffers; Avenger auto scrubber; carpet shampooers and extractors; other miscellaneous equipment
- Cleans restrooms and replenishes supplies
- Collects and disposes of waste, and recyclable products
- Replenishes materials, equipment and supplies as needed
- Washes and/or spot clean walls, doors, fixtures, counters, furniture, etc.
- Clean elevator tracks
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
- High school diploma or GED required
- Minimum of one (1) year experience cleaning in a museum, office, hospital, hotel, or similar setting
- Ability to work varied shifts including days, afternoons, nights, weekends, holidays and overtime assignments.
- Ability to move for the majority of a shift
- Reliable transportation to and from work during all shifts and assignments
- Maintain punctual, regular and predictable attendance
- Complies with standards established by museum’s general liability insurance provider
- Ability to read and comprehend signs, labels, job assignments and written instructions
- Ability to work effectively as part of a crew
- Demonstrates effective written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with all DIA personnel
- Demonstrates ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail while performing tasks
- Substantial contact with the public
- Ability to demonstrate friendly, courteous, professional customer service behaviors and provide service recovery in an accommodating manner consistently, in accordance with the department’s safety and quality goals
If you are interested in applying for this position, you must do so online by clicking the "Apply" link below. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Employment applications and/or resumes will not be accepted in person or by mail, e-mail, or facsimile.
THE DETROIT INSTITUTE OF ARTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER