Building Operations Department
Under supervision as required to maintain all HVAC and auxiliary equipment. To perform major and minor repairs as required that includes Electrical, Plumbing, Steam, HVAC & VAV controls, and related building systems.
This position reports to the Engineering Manager.
- Repair and maintain all HVAC systems.
- Routine inspections and maintenance of all mechanical equipment, including major and minor repairs to pumps, motors, fans, steam traps, regulating devices and HVAC controls.
- Electrical responsibilities include lighting ballast, switches, control wiring and replacing single and three phase motors.
- Must have the ability to read electrical diagrams and troubleshoot electrical problems throughout the building.
- Building repairs to include glass repair, locks, hinges, doors, and other hardware.
- Work environment will include indoor and outdoor duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Certified Refrigeration Journeyman or Certified HVAC tech with 5 years experience.
- Experienced in DDC controls (i.e. Siemens and Johnson Controls) and Climate controlled computer room systems (i.e. Liebert systems)
- Knowledge and experience in troubleshooting and repairing various pumps.
- Knowledge and experience in troubleshooting steam systems, steam traps, humidifiers, and condensate receiver tanks.
- Must be able to make repairs to Refrigeration and Air conditioning systems.
- Must be physically able to perform any and all functions of this position.
- Must be able to work well with employees and the public as required.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please do so online. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
THE DETROIT INSTITUTE OF ARTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER