Building Operations Department
Under supervision as required to maintain and operate all HVAC and auxiliary equipment. To perform minor repairs to all electrical, plumbing, HVAC & VAV controls, and all related building systems.
- Operating and maintaining, heating and ventilating installations that do not require an operators license, inspecting, adjusting, making minor or emergency repairs to pumps, steam lines, valves, steam traps, regulating devices, water & drainage systems
- Electrical to include lighting, switches, controls, fans and fixtures, motors and motor starters, and generator sets, etc.
- Building repairs to include minor repairs to plumbing equipment, painting machinery and piping furniture and equipment.
- High school preferably a four-year trade or vocational school.
- Reasonable experienced in operations, repair and maintenance of large and complex building and the mechanical, electrical, plumbing and control systems within
- Reasonable skill and knowledge of methods, tools, materials and equipment used in the operations, repair and maintenance of large facilities
- Must be physically fit and able to perform any and all functions of this position.
- Additionally, must be able to work with any and all employees and the public as required.
Necessary Special Requirement: Possession of a third class refrigeration operator’s license or equivalent, demonstrated paid work experience, or the ability to obtain one, within one (1) year of appointment to the position.
If you are interested in applying for this position, you must do so online by clicking the “Apply” link below. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Employment applications and/or resumes will not be accepted in person or by mail, e-mail, or facsimile.
THE DETROIT INSTITUTE OF ARTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER