Part-time, Non-Exempt, Temporary (Employment agreement from May 1, 2018 through October 7, 2018 for duration of Star Wars and The Power of Costume exhibition)
Under the direction of the Museum Shop Sales Supervisors, Assistant Manager and Manager, maintains high standards of customer service and satisfaction, performs all aspects of the Museum Shop sales function and maintains the store through daily recovery and restocking. Performs related work as required.
- Understands and works to achieve daily sales goals.
- Maintains high standards of customer service in all areas including greeting visitors, efficient transaction processing and wrapping at the register and product knowledge
- Operates Point of Sale (POS) system accurately and efficiently ensuring an accurate inventory of merchandise.
- Ensures daily preparedness including floor presentation, recovery and restocking.
- Represents the Detroit Institute of Arts (DIA) in a positive light in regard to standards of behavior, demeanor, and dress.
- Strictly observes Museum Shop security procedures.
- Continually increases knowledge of the DIA collection and related Museum Shop merchandise.
- Ability and desire to work effectively as a team.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Some retail experience preferred.
- Possess and exhibit excellent customer service skills at all times.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Basic math skills.
- Some computer knowledge desirable.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please do so online by close of business day, March 30, 2018.
Employment applications and/or resumes will not be accepted in person or by mail, e-mail, or facsimile.
THE DETROIT INSTITUTE OF ARTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER