Part-time, Non-Exempt, Temporary (Employment agreement through October 7, 2018 for duration of Star Wars and The Power of Costume exhibition)
Under the direction of Museum Shop Assistant Manager and Manager, performs all aspects of the Museum Shop sales function, store maintenance and recovery, maintains and supervises high standards of customer service and satisfaction with all staff. Performs related work as required.
- Understands and works to achieve sales goals and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) as budgeted.
- Responsible for all aspects of customer service on the sales floor including greeting visitors, efficient transaction processing and wrapping at the register, product knowledge, and coordinating staff breaks and lunches as scheduled.
- Trains and supervises sales staff in regards to daily operations and customer service.
- Responsible for opening and closing the shop including accurate cash handling, safe counting, reconciling daily transactions, resolving discrepancies and making deposits.
- Operates Point of Sale (POS) system accurately and efficiently ensuring an accurate inventory of merchandise.
- Ensures daily preparedness including merchandising, restocking and recovery.
- Comprehensive product knowledge of key items throughout the store.
- Represents the Detroit Institute of Arts (DIA) in a positive light in regard to standards of behavior, demeanor, and dress.
- Strictly observes Museum Shop security procedures.
- Continually increases knowledge of the DIA collection and related Museum Shop merchandise.
- Ability and desire to work effectively as a team.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- At least one (1) year of retail experience required.
- Possess and exhibit excellent customer service skills at all times.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Basic math skills.
- Basic computer proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please do so online by clicking the "Apply" link below. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Employment applications and/or resumes will not be accepted in person or by mail, e-mail, or facsimile.
THE DETROIT INSTITUTE OF ARTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER