Manufacturer Chantilly Manufactory, French
Title
  • Ewer
Date ca. between 1735 and 1740
Medium Tin-glazed soft-paste porcelain with colored enamel decoration, silver mount
Dimensions Overall (ewer): 7 1/4 × 5 5/8 × 4 1/16 inches (18.4 × 14.3 × 10.3 cm)
Overall: 7 3/4 × 11 1/8 × 7 7/8 inches (19.7 × 28.3 × 20 cm)
Credit Line Founders Society Purchase with funds from the Jennifer C. Stoddard Foundation, Mr. and Mrs. Stanford C. Stoddard, and the Stoddard Family Foundation
Accession Number 1995.70.1
Department European Sculpture and Dec Arts
On View Fashionable Living: S330.7, Level 3 (see map)
Marks Factory mark, in red enamel, painted on bottom of both basin and ewer: [hunting horn]
private collection (England);
(Bernard Dragesco - Didier Cramoisan);
1995-present, purchase by the Detroit Institute of Arts (Detroit, Michigan, USA)
Darr, A. and T. Albainy. "Acquisitions of European sculpture and decorative arts at the Detroit Institute of Arts, 1988 - 1999." The Burlington Magazine 142, no. 1167 (June 2000): p. 410, no. XVIII (ill.).