DIA Delivered K-12 is a program for K-12 teachers and students that brings toolboxes filled with a variety of items to your classroom, providing students with opportunities for close-looking and exploration. Designed to create a window into the DIA’s world-renown collection from afar, each toolbox offers a variety of curriculum-based activities, connecting your students to some of our favorite works of art!
Each toolbox includes:
- Lesson plans and graphic organizers
- Touchable objects and materials
- Student books
- PowerPoint slides
- Full-color photographs of related DIA artworks
- A flash drive with digital files of lessons and activities – yours to keep!
Why borrow a toolbox?
- Enrich your lessons by creating a sense of wonder and curiosity
- Develop students’ observational and critical thinking skills
- Teach social studies, science, math, and ELA through an artistic lens
- Challenge students to make cross-curricular connections
- Broaden student’s worldview through exposure to art in cultures near and far, past and present
- Provide opportunities for students to be creative and make art
- Enhance what you are already doing in the classroom with standards-aligned activities