Promoting a better understanding of modern and contemporary art
- Promoting a better understanding of modern and contemporary art
- Creating fund-raising initiatives for the purchase of important new works of art in diverse mediums.
The FMCA has commissioned several works from leading contemporary artists, including Yoko Ono and Robert Morris, available to the public for purchase. To learn more about what is available, please contact Alexandra Nickolaou at the Detroit Institute of Arts at 313.833.6966 or ANickolaou@dia.org.
There are many benefits to being an FMCA member, which include:
- Lectures that bring today’s best artists, critics and historians to the Museum
- Artalks allows access to the homes of prominent art collectors in the Region and opportunity for visits to artist residences and Educational tours of public art.
- Opportunities to participate in organized trips to other cities to view Premiere collections.
Annual membership dues are listed below. In order to be eligible for membership in the Associates of the American Wing, you must be a member of The Detroit Institute of Arts.
|Membership Level||Annual Dues|
In order to be eligible for membership in FMCA, you must be a member of The Detroit Institute of Arts.
Linda Watson, Chair
Alan Ross, Vice Chair
Andrea Morganroth, Secretary
Lisa Nederlander, Secretary
Nick Difazio, Treasurer
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Laurie Ann Farrell, Curator and Department Head
Alexandra Nickolaou, Assistant
Nina Holden, Development Liaison