October 6 - January 5, 2014
WATCH ME MOVE: The Animation Show
Tickets on Sale Now
Watch Me Move: The Animation Show is the most extensive animation exhibition ever mounted, featuring both iconic moments and lesser-known masterpieces from the last 150 years. Visitors will have the rare opportunity to see an incredible array of animation techniques in more than 100 animated film segments from across generations and cultures.
Accession II, 1968 (1969)
“I like this work because from the outside it looks like a simple, metal box, but the interior is much more complex -- it's filled with thousands of short tubes that create an interesting texture. And this sculpture is even more impressive when you imagine the amount of time it took the artist to attach each tube by hand. I have the urge to touch it every time I see it.”
Holly Harman, Interpretive Specialist
Support the DIA
Your membership and donations are critical to the museum’s success.
- Dec. 23: 9 a.m – 4 p.m.
- Dec. 24 - 25: CLOSED
- Dec. 26 - 27: 9 a.m – 7 p.m.
- Dec. 28 - 29: 10 a.m – 7 p.m.
- Dec. 30: 9 a.m – 8 p.m.
- Dec. 31: 9 a.m – 4 p.m.
- Find the DIA's statement regarding #Christie's preliminary evaluation report on the museum's collection here: http://t.co/Gw04SD6qFS.12/5/2013 1:30:28 AM
- Celebrate #GivingTuesday and tell us why you #SupportTheDIA! http://t.co/RPD3PKdgt112/4/2013 4:00:22 AM
- #SupportTheDIA and provide an art-making experience for a disabled adult with a gift of $10-$25. http://t.co/RPD3PKdgt1 #GivingTuesday12/4/2013 3:01:10 AM
- The DIA Blog — Explore the museum like never before, through the eyes of museum staff.
Sign up to receive our new monthly digital newsletter delivered right to your inbox. You'll get the latest news on exhibitions, events, member benefits, and much more.