October 6 - January 5, 2014
WATCH ME MOVE: The Animation Show
Tickets on Sale Now
Watch Me Move: The Animation Show is the most extensive animation exhibition ever mounted, featuring both iconic moments and lesser-known masterpieces from the last 150 years. Visitors will have the rare opportunity to see an incredible array of animation techniques in more than 100 animated film segments from across generations and cultures.
Eleonora of Toledo and Her Son, c. 1545/1550
“I have always loved Eleonora of Toledo and Her Son (Bronzino and Workshop) because she epitomizes a strong female image at a time when women were routinely kept backstage. She wears her jewels and that amazing dress effortlessly, quietly projecting her status. She keeps her son close at her side, yet another power statement of her time. And if you look very closely, you can see a bit of grime under her fingernails, which completely humanizes her for me. I remember walking through the National Gallery one afternoon and literally bumping into another portrait of Eleonora. She had aged a few years, but she was still my friend from the DIA!”
Annmarie Erickson, Executive Vice President, Planning and Administration
Support the DIA
Your membership and donations are critical to the museum’s success.
- Dec. 23: 9 a.m – 4 p.m.
- Dec. 24 - 25: CLOSED
- Dec. 26: 9 a.m – 7 p.m.
- Dec. 27: 9 a.m – 10 p.m.
- Dec. 28 - 29: 10 a.m – 7 p.m.
- Dec. 30: 9 a.m – 7 p.m.
- Dec. 31: 9 a.m – 4 p.m.
- Jan. 1: CLOSED
Watch Me Move - Extended Hours
- Jan. 2: 9 a.m – 4 p.m.
- Jan. 3: 9 a.m – 10 p.m.
- Jan. 4 - 5: 10 a.m – 7 p.m.
- Read the DIA's statement regarding conversations with federal mediators: http://t.co/57W6Orzjxx. #Detroit12/11/2013 7:53:41 PM
- @DetroitPublicTV is premiering a documentary on the DIA tmrw at 9 on WTVS! Or watch live on http://t.co/CEzCkPL0KP. http:///t.co/3aacZpUwg212/10/2013 11:23:13 PM
- Today is Diego Rivera's 127th birthday anniversary. Take a virtual tour of his #Detroit Industry frescoes here :http://t.co/T0VLPbxinJ.12/8/2013 2:01:20 PM
- The DIA Blog — Explore the museum like never before, through the eyes of museum staff.
Sign up to receive our new monthly digital newsletter delivered right to your inbox. You'll get the latest news on exhibitions, events, member benefits, and much more.