To request an interview, or permission to photograph or film in the museum for editorial purposes, please contact Pam Marcil at 313-833-7899 or at firstname.lastname@example.org Monday–Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Media Photo and Film Shoots
Once a photo or film shoot has been approved, the photographer must be accompanied by a DIA staff member if using anything on a stand, such as a tripod or lights. Media may take photos or film unaccompanied if not using stands, provided the shoot does not disrupt our visitors’ museum experience. Exterior photography is also allowed unaccompanied.
Media Photo and Film Shoot Guidelines
- Crews must be accompanied by museum staff at all times
- Crew members may not handle any works of art
- Crew members cannot be closer than two feet from a work of art
- Lighting used on paintings must be reflected or cool light
- No direct lighting is allowed on works of paper, including photographs, prints, and drawings
- Lights and stands are to be at least 5-10 feet away from any artwork
- Lights must be turned off when not in use
- Light stands must be weighed down by sandbags
- When moving a tripod or light stand, it must be carried vertically
- In general, boom microphones are not allowed in the galleries