The Detroit Institute of Arts offers discounted general admission for groups of 15 or more, and we are happy to customize your experience so that your visit is exactly what you are looking for. Groups from Wayne, Oakland and Macomb counties receive free general admission, but please reserve your visit in advance to ensure we are ready to greet you upon arrival.
We provide free field trips and free bus transportation to schools in Wayne, Oakland and Macomb counties. Schools in other locations receive discounted admission. Apply for a field trip visit.
Thursdays at the Museum
Every Thursday, the DIA welcome adults 55 and over with special programming just for them. Enjoy films, lectures, art-making or tours, followed by a complimentary cookie and coffee reception. Groups of 25 or more in Wayne, Oakland and Macomb counties can receive free bus transportation. Apply for a Thursdays at the Museum visit.
Want to bring your family reunion, corporate staff or other adult group for a visit to the DIA? We’d love to have you! Apply for a Group Visit.
Group Visit Guidelines
- Any change in group size or a cancellation must be made two weeks prior to the arranged date.
- Deposits and room fees are non-refundable charges.
- All food service packages require a final guaranteed guest count five business days prior to the day of the event. Client will be charged for the final guarantee or actual attendance, whichever is greater. Once a payment has been made, all sales are final and payments are not transferable.
- If you have any questions, contact Group Reservations at (313) 833-1292 or by fax at (313) 833-1543.
- On the day of your visit only: if you need to call due to lateness, contact Visitor Services at 313-833-7916 if there is no answer at the Group Sales office.
- Group leader must check in at the Group Check-In Desk located at the entrance on John R Street. Please bring your confirmation letter with you upon arrival.
To reserve your group’s visit, please complete the form here or call 313-833-1292.
Bringing a school group? Learn more about field trips at the DIA.