Exhibition Security Officer
Part-time, Non-Exempt, Temporary (Employment agreement from May 14, 2018 through October 1, 2018 for duration of Star Wars and The Power of Costume exhibition)
The Exhibition Security Officer serves as an ambassador for the museum and the department during special exhibitions. The position tactfully and effectively communicates the policies and practices established for the protection and safety of museum staff, guests, and the collection.
- Staffs special exhibition gallery posts, both stationary and foot patrols, during public hours with vigilance, attention to detail, and a positive, welcoming demeanor.
- Serves as an ambassador for the museum and the department by providing exemplary service and support while tactfully enforcing policies and procedures.
- Directs visitors to various attractions and facilities within the museum and throughout Midtown Detroit.
- Assist the Detroit Institute of Arts Museum Security Officers during emergencies and non-routine operations, including but not limited to: evacuations, lockdowns, shelter-in-place, medical emergencies, and other unusual circumstances that may arise.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- Excellent customer service skills, with the ability to interact tactfully and effectively with leadership, peers, other museum staff and the public.
- Ability to work varied shifts, including days, afternoons, evenings and weekends
- Excellent conflict resolution skills, including understanding and exercising service recovery options as appropriate.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Ability to troubleshoot customer service issues that may arise in a calm and tactful manner.
- Ability to speak, read, and write Standard English.
- Ability to maintain a stationary position and/or move for the majority of a shift.
- Maintain professionalism in appearance, demeanor, and communication at all times.
If you are interested in applying for this position, you must do so online by clicking the “Apply” link below. Applications will be accepted through 4:00 PM (EST) on April 27, 2018.
Employment applications and/or resumes will not be accepted in person or by mail, e-mail, or facsimile.
THE DETROIT INSTITUTE OF ARTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
[permalink to this employment opporunity]